I was really excited to be asked by Labspace to take part in this years Sculpting New Reads show:
Sculpting New Reads is the annual installation art program of The Word On The Street Toronto – Canada’s biggest book and magazine festival. Curated by Labspace Studio, this contemporary art program brings together Canadian artists and authors to explore how books can inspire new ways of thinking, creating, and innovating. Four local artists have been paired with books released in 2014. Each artist has been challenged to create an art installation inspired by the themes of their book, applying their own unique practice to the creative process.
The book I was paired with was the fantastic UnderMajorDomo Minor by Patrick Dewitt.
The work will be shown September 27th at the Word on the Street Festival and from October 22 to November 1st at the International Authors Festival, both in Toronto.
Straits: Solo show of new works
May 1 to June 2 2012 at b contemporary, Hamilton ON
New Show Ready to Go!
New Sculptures and Mixed-Media works on wood.
On for the month of May at b contemporary on James St. North in Hamilton ON. Stay tuned for details.
Working in the studio on some new 2D and 3D work with a solo show coming in May of 2012. More details to come later.
New photos of an outdoor installation of the bunnies from the Zoo show from July are now up here.
Excited to be taking part in a 3-person group show for the month of
August at the new b
contemporary gallery on James St. North in Hamilton ON.
The show is called 'Align' and includes work from myself, Nicole Collins, and Steph Seagram.
Also, the Zoo show from July will stay up for August as well! See below for details.
Zoo group show opens this month!
Loose Canon Gallery, 150 James St North, Hamilton ON
• Was glad to make the acquaintance of some fine artists during my recent residency in Windsor Ontario. Fellow residents Brette Gabel, Dan Gibbons, Lisa Lipton, Laura Mitrow, James Nizam, and awesome organizers Lucy Howe and Zeke Moores.
• Excited to be a part of an upcoming group show in Hamilton Ontario. Zoo - or a 'Motley Menagerie of Magnificent Mammalia' takes place at Loose Canon Gallery for the month of July. Opening is July 8th during the art crawl.
• Excited to be part of the Emerging Artist Residency this month at the University of Windsor in Windsor, Ontario.
• New mixed media works that were part of the solo show last month are now viewable online here.
Involved in 2 shows in July:
1) Toronto Outdoor Art Show - July 9, 10, 11 - Nathan Phillips Square, Toronto
2) Bungalow Colony - group show with A Collection of Foreign Objects - July 10 to August 22nd - Gendai Gallery, Toronto
Work is coming together for the group show with A Collection of Foreign Objects at Gendai Gallery this summer. We have been blogging about our ideas & progress here.
Starting to finish the silkscreens on plywood made at Spark Box Studio in September. Using my friend the router, I've dug into the wood and filled some spots with fun plastic stuff:
I'm involved in the Hamilton Artists Inc. 2009 Annual Members Exhibition
Nov. 13th - Dec. 19th here in Hamilton (Ontario).
Got me a YouTube channel:
I was fortunate enough to be one of the first artist-in-residents at the new and awesome Spark Box Studio in lovely Picton Ontario. You can see what I got up to here.
I will be participating in the Queen West Art Crawl, setting up in Trinity Bellwoods Park in Toronto on September 19th and 20th. Ducks will be in attendance.